Zeatre is a theatre review blog documenting my trips to the theatre and my personal experiences.

Friday, May 6, 2016

Weekly Round Up 06.05.16

Shows Seen (From Saturday To Friday): 0
Shows Booked For Future (since 15/04): 3

First off I will start by apologising for my absence. My full time job has kept me busy as well as university work and trying to sort out my big house move. As a result the blog and my reviews have all but come to a stop. Since I went to see Wicked on the 14th April I've only seen one other show - Les Miserables on 22nd April. I need to review both, which I'm looking forward to due to seeing some amazing understudies at each. 

I've also been busy on the show booking front and have booked to see 2 shows since my last round up as well as winning a competition for tickets to see another show.


1. Mrs Henderson Presents
I can't say this was a show that I was desperate to see but I had been interested in it. However LoveTheatre's flash sale gave me the perfect excuse to see this show (I got a top price stalls seat for £25!). I have no idea what to expect though I'll probably try and watch the Judi Dench film before I go. 

Booked For: 19th May

At: Noel Coward Theatre

2. Doctor Faustus
The recent mixed reviews of this show got me interested in seeing Doctor Faustus however it was only when a friend said she was going that I decided I absolutely had to go. I've never read the play so I will be making sure I do so before I go to see this. 

Booked For: 14th May


At: Duke Of Yorks Theatre

3. Doctor Faustus
This is probably the most miraculous booking as it wasn't a booking at all. I review all my seats on the website Seat Plan and as a result of each review, you get entered into their regular competitions to win tickets to West End shows. This month I was picked as their winner and will be going to see No Man's Land starring Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart. The tickets are worth £75 each so it is a real blessing to have won these. Even more of a plus is that they're on a Saturday so I can come back to London to see it.  

Booked For: 22nd October



At: Wyndhams Theatre

As I mentioned before, I still have some theatre vouchers to use and hope to use these before I go to Cornwall as I have an extra week in London I hadn't accounted for meaning I can probably squeeze in another show.

No comments:

Post a Comment