Zeatre is a theatre review blog documenting my trips to the theatre and my personal experiences.

Friday, February 19, 2016

Weekly Round Up 19.02.16

Shows Seen (From Saturday To Friday): 1 (Tonight)
Shows Booked For Future: 3

My late review for Guys & Dolls (which I saw last week) finally went up today. A combination of being busy at work and preparing for London Super Comic Con this weekend have left me with minimal time to keep my blog posts up to date!

Tonight I will be seeing Hand To God, the Tony nominated play which has transferred from Broadway starring Harry Melling who you may know better as playing Dudley Dursley in the Harry Potter film series.


I hadn't planned to book any shows this week but got a reminder in my inbox this week about the general release of tickets for Emma Rice's first season at The Globe and naturally bought tickets for 3 of the shows I wanted to see.


1. A Midsummer Night's Dream

Booked For: 27th May 2016
At: The Globe Theatre
Going With: TBC but I have 1 extra ticket other than mine

2. The Taming Of The Shrew

Booked For: 29th July 2016
At: The Globe Theatre
Going With: My Dad & Sister 

2. Macbeth

Booked For: 19th August 2016
At: The Globe Theatre

Going With: My Dad & Sister 

All of these tickets are Groundling tickets which for those of you who are not aware are £5 tickets to stand in the yard. Standing for close to 3 hours is tough but its a good way to see such fantastic theatre at an amazingly low price. You are at the mercy of the elements but I'm hoping with at least the last 2 that summer will be kind like it was last year when I saw Much Ado About Nothing!

I've got no shows planned for next week but my review for Hand To God should be posted at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment